Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the intended application for the Argweld® PurgEye® 200 IP65 Weld Purge Monitor®?
For extreme weld quality control in aerospace, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, vacuum, biotech, food and drinks industries where pristine oxide free welds have to be achieved. Also, applications demanding extremely accurate readings from atmosphere right down to 10 parts per million (ppm), such as welds made in titanium, duplex, nickel alloys and high specification stainless steels.
2. Does the Argweld® PurgEye® 200 IP65 have a pump? Yes, there is an integral electro-mechanical pump.
3. What sort of sensor is used in the Argweld® PurgEye® 200 IP65? The PurgEye® 200 IP65 uses a solid state long life sensor of a unique design. It is much lower in cost than other sensors, that are used for measuring down to 10 ppm.
4. My Company needs a calibration certificate once a year for all instruments. How do I obtain one?
At present we have calibration facilities in the UK, USA, Singapore and Norway. As time goes by we are planning to set up others. Contact us or your nearest distributor for pricing. Once your instrument has been sent, we will recalibrate it and return it with a certificate within a few days.
5. Is the Argweld® PurgEye® 200 IP65 Weld Purge Monitor® sensitive to electrical high frequency disturbances?
Each instrument has shielding to prevent most forms of interference. Quality control test and inspection criteria are designed to account for as many variables as possible.
6. I need to detect oxygen level in pipes preheated to 300 ̊C (572 ̊F). Can I use the Argweld® PurgEye® 200 under these conditions?
The Argweld® PurgEye® Weld Purge Monitors® should not be exposed to gas at a temperature above 50 ̊C (122 ̊F).
Please contact us for information about exhaust purge gas cooling methods.
7. What is PurgeNetTM?
PurgeNetTM controls the welding power sources such as orbital welders and any other automatic welding systems to switch on and off according to oxygen levels, transferring data easily with the ability to link to external devices.
8. Can Weld Purge Monitors® only be used when purging with argon?
The PurgEye® Weld Purge Monitors® measure the oxygen level within any gas, not only inert gases. They can be used to monitor the oxygen level when using inert gases such as argon and helium and also non-inert gases including nitrogen and nitrogen/hydrogen mixes.